Posted to rec.food.cooking
JeanineAlyse JeanineAlyse is offline

Default Quick Bread Exchange Recipe?

On Jan 31, 9:47*pm, sf > wrote:
> No problem. *Have you considered soaking those cherries in some booze,
> like brandy, before you use them?
> Did you remember you have a recipe called Cranberry
> Apricot Rum Bread?

Not to consider an alcohol soak because I'll use pie filling, but I do
have a very strong Rum Flavor oil I could use, and may, with your
suggestion. I don't use that oil in the Cranberry Apricot, and not
even the real rum because too many children are to receive so my
daughter nixed alcohol. She can't forbid the oil, though, I'll try
it. The recipe I've altered and will use suggests adding the pie
filling after pans are filled, then swirling it in. I think I'll do
that instead of adding the red coloring or paste. Could come out even
prettier than all red, and instead of a frosting I'll only use a thin
enough topping glaze so as to better see the swirls.
....Picks