Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Quick Bread Exchange Recipe?

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:04:16 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> I'm curious as to why you would post untested recipes? How would you
> know it freezes well?

1. I posted them so she'd know the apple option exists and what a
typical recipe might look like. I have lots of quick bread recipes
that aren't banana or pineapple, but I haven't tried them either.
2. Apples make cake moist, so they should make quick bread moist too
and therefore they should freeze well. Picky could figure that part
out all by herself.
3. I thought I was eliminating the step of going to the web to see
what I was talking about and make a decision about if she wants to try
an apple quick bread, search for a different recipe or move on to
something else, because she's a grownup and can decide for herself.

You don't sound like a very adventurous cook. You've never tried a
recipe without someone vouching for it first? People aren't exactly
falling all over each other giving her suggestions and you certainly
didn't contribute either.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/