Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] is offline

Default Now Defunct Restaurants

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 07:14:53 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
> arranged random neurons and said:

>Cafeterias seem to be enduringly popular in the south for some reason.
>(Freestanding ones, not part of any institution.) Curious after seeing
>an ad for Picadilly's on some nostalgia TV network, I found the
>northernmost one was near St. Louis. (Odder still, all Picadilly's
>outlets were in former slave states.) The one that sticks in my mind
>is Luby's, because of the Texas massacre at one.

The Golden Corral seems to be a popular cafeteria sort of place.
Bill's uncle took us to one in Florida and it was packed. Ordinarily,
I wouldn't go near a buffet type joint, but his uncle loves the place.
There are a LOT of them in SoCal and their parking lots are usually
full.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"