Alfonse

Default Cool Kit Ferment

Hello Dan,
I have the same problem when I ferment in my basement in the winter months.
The temp is around 64 degrees and results in a lot of c02 in the wine. Needs
a lot of stirring to release the gas (or a Fizz-x gizmo). Or you can store
the wine for 1-2 months in a warmer place and the co2 should dissipate on
its own without risking oxidation from stirring the wine. The bubble you see
must be from fermentation unless you bumped or moved the carboy before
looking. This could result in escaping co2 bubbles but should subside
quickly. Hope this helps.
Al

om...