Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default Pepper Grinder Torque?

On 12/28/11 8:06 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 22:43:35 -0800, > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 22:14:13 -0500, "Christopher M."
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I eat a lot of Activia yogurt.

>> Can't you get the good bacteria by eating Greek Yogurt?

> All yogurt has pro-bacteria. Activia has some 'other' kind in
> addition-- but the FTC made them back pedal a whole bunch on their
> *unsubstantiated* health claims.
>
> Jim

Not all yogurt has *live* bacteria though. One can also drink
Acidophilus milk to help with tummy issues too.

I'm still curious as to why someone in this thread thinks that spicy
food kills gut flora?? Never in my life have I heard of such an idea. If
stomach acids don't do the bacteria in, why would a little spice??