Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Jahbulon Jahbulon is offline

Default How cruel is leather?

George Plimpton > wrote in
:

>> From which other animals is leather harvested?

> Are you incapable of keying the word "leather" into a search engine and

I wanted an answer dealing with group issues, posted to
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian.

> No, it isn't. No one who writes in (more or less)
> grammatically correct English as you do can exhibit
> such utter ignorance of livestock husbandry and the
> products obtained from livestock.

You would - I hope - be amazed at how crap some people's educations can be.
My school was adjacent to a cattle farm, but I have no idea what happens to
them apart from what I've seen on television. One of my former teachers is
currently serving 21 years for child abuse.

>> I hear they still boil lobsters alive.

> I thought you were interested in leather?

Yes.

> Do you not know anything about the production of meat?

Apart from the obvious, probably not. I saw a television programme in the
middle of the year that claimed the average Hot Dog has 0% meat, so maybe
I'm not alone.

--
Praise be to Jahbulon, holy god of Royal Arch Freemasons
http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/jahbulon.html

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you,
then they fight you, then you win"