Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kent[_5_] Kent[_5_] is offline

Default Christmas dinner menu

"Gene" > wrote in message
> Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
> Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
> Mexican shrimp cocktail
> Pan seared scallops
> Manicotti-cheese
> Italian sausage and neck bones
> Biscuits
> Almond butter
> Garlic butter
> Grilled romaine salad with tomato and mozzarella cheese and anchovies
> Smoked mesquite Brussel sprouts
> Grilled sweet corn
> Baked sweet potatoes
> Crab soup
>
> Hungarian croissant cookies
> Pecan pie
> Poached pears
> Home made whipped cream
>
> Irish coffee
>
> To be done
> Gene
>
> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
> Mark Twain

Our recipe:
First, capture, and save all drippings, both from the saute pan you're
using, and from all that renders during the bake. The fat and the meat
granules in the drip pan and from the saute pan are what makes the dish.

Blenderize one cup flour, one cup milk, and two eggs, and salt to taste.
Rest up to one hour. Resting is important.

All of the following comes after roasting, and during the mandatory 30
minute resting period.
Heat up to one fourth cup of fat and drippings in your baking pan at 400
in the oven.
Pour in batter and bake for 25 minutes. The top should be golden brown.

There are many, many recipes, as you well know for Yorkshire pudding.
Rest the batter. To capture the flavor it's very important to capture the
brown stuff in the drippings along with the fat. I may try adding some of
the brown stuff to the batter next time at the end of the resting period. It
depends on how much there is. Bake in a cast iron, ceramic, or Pyrex bowl.
Don't look in the oven for 20 minutes. Then look and adjust your oven temp
if necessary.

Happy Holidays to you Gene, and to All.

Kent