Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Christmas dinner menu

Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
Mexican shrimp cocktail
Pan seared scallops
Manicotti-cheese
Italian sausage and neck bones
Biscuits
Almond butter
Garlic butter
Grilled romaine salad with tomato and mozzarella cheese and anchovies
Smoked mesquite Brussel sprouts
Grilled sweet corn
Baked sweet potatoes
Crab soup

Hungarian croissant cookies
Pecan pie
Poached pears
Home made whipped cream

Irish coffee

To be done
Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

nice, Lee
"Gene" > wrote in message
> Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
> Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
> Mexican shrimp cocktail
> Pan seared scallops
> Manicotti-cheese
> Italian sausage and neck bones
> Biscuits
> Almond butter
> Garlic butter
> Grilled romaine salad with tomato and mozzarella cheese and anchovies
> Smoked mesquite Brussel sprouts
> Grilled sweet corn
> Baked sweet potatoes
> Crab soup
>
> Hungarian croissant cookies
> Pecan pie
> Poached pears
> Home made whipped cream
>
> Irish coffee
>
> To be done
> Gene
>
> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
> Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 12/22/2011 1:32 AM, Gene wrote:
> Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
> Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
> Mexican shrimp cocktail
> Pan seared scallops
> Manicotti-cheese
> Italian sausage and neck bones
> Biscuits
> Almond butter
> Garlic butter
> Grilled romaine salad with tomato and mozzarella cheese and anchovies
> Smoked mesquite Brussel sprouts
> Grilled sweet corn
> Baked sweet potatoes
> Crab soup
>
> Hungarian croissant cookies
> Pecan pie
> Poached pears
> Home made whipped cream
>
> Irish coffee
>
> To be done
> Gene
>
> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
> Mark Twain

Ya think you could get some pics of this small cook?
Very ambitious cook for sure.
Mine will be either grilled chicken or venison burgers with potato salad
and beans. All cooked by someone else and reheated as needed at work.
Coffee, but not Irish style. That might be frowned upon at work !!
If I go to the store today, I will see if they have a boxed Yorkshire
Pudding that I can make today and bring to work with the rest of my meal.

Enjoy,
BBQ

--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 01:32:34 -0600, Gene >
wrote:

>Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
>Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
>Mexican shrimp cocktail

Too ambitious for me for a holiday. When we had the meal at our
house, it was usually a simple ham, mashed potatoes and veggie.

Less time in kitchen = more time with family.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 12/22/2011 4:41 AM, bbq wrote:
> On 12/22/2011 1:32 AM, Gene wrote:
>> Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
>> Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
>> Mexican shrimp cocktail
>> Pan seared scallops
>> Manicotti-cheese
>> Italian sausage and neck bones
>> Biscuits
>> Almond butter
>> Garlic butter
>> Grilled romaine salad with tomato and mozzarella cheese and anchovies
>> Smoked mesquite Brussel sprouts
>> Grilled sweet corn
>> Baked sweet potatoes
>> Crab soup
>>
>> Hungarian croissant cookies
>> Pecan pie
>> Poached pears
>> Home made whipped cream
>>
>> Irish coffee
>>
>> To be done
>> Gene
>>
>> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
>> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
>> Mark Twain
>>

> Ya think you could get some pics of this small cook?
> Very ambitious cook for sure.
> Mine will be either grilled chicken or venison burgers with potato salad
> and beans. All cooked by someone else and reheated as needed at work.
> Coffee, but not Irish style. That might be frowned upon at work !!
> If I go to the store today, I will see if they have a boxed Yorkshire
> Pudding that I can make today and bring to work with the rest of my meal.
>
> Enjoy,
> BBQ

If I can't have Yorkshire Pudding, I do have some candy coated peanuts
(M&M's) that didn't get handed out at Halloween. They might be a good
desert :-)

BBQ

--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

or make them into cookies, make up the toll house dough and mix in the mms,
Lee
"bbq" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 12/22/2011 4:41 AM, bbq wrote:
>> On 12/22/2011 1:32 AM, Gene wrote:
>>> Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
>>> Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
>>> Mexican shrimp cocktail
>>> Pan seared scallops
>>> Manicotti-cheese
>>> Italian sausage and neck bones
>>> Biscuits
>>> Almond butter
>>> Garlic butter
>>> Grilled romaine salad with tomato and mozzarella cheese and anchovies
>>> Smoked mesquite Brussel sprouts
>>> Grilled sweet corn
>>> Baked sweet potatoes
>>> Crab soup
>>>
>>> Hungarian croissant cookies
>>> Pecan pie
>>> Poached pears
>>> Home made whipped cream
>>>
>>> Irish coffee
>>>
>>> To be done
>>> Gene
>>>
>>> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to
>>> pork.
>>> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
>>> Mark Twain
>>>

>> Ya think you could get some pics of this small cook?
>> Very ambitious cook for sure.
>> Mine will be either grilled chicken or venison burgers with potato salad
>> and beans. All cooked by someone else and reheated as needed at work.
>> Coffee, but not Irish style. That might be frowned upon at work !!
>> If I go to the store today, I will see if they have a boxed Yorkshire
>> Pudding that I can make today and bring to work with the rest of my meal.
>>
>> Enjoy,
>> BBQ
>>

> If I can't have Yorkshire Pudding, I do have some candy coated peanuts
> (M&M's) that didn't get handed out at Halloween. They might be a good
> desert :-)
>
> BBQ
>
> --
> Vegetarian
>
> An old Indian term for poor hunter...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 01:32:34 -0600, Gene >
> wrote:
>
>> Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
>> Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
>> Mexican shrimp cocktail

> Too ambitious for me for a holiday. When we had the meal at our
> house, it was usually a simple ham, mashed potatoes and veggie.
>
> Less time in kitchen = more time with family.

LOL...It depends on the family. Some may just want to escape to the kitchen
;-)
--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."......

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Gene" > wrote in message
> Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
> Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
> Mexican shrimp cocktail
> Pan seared scallops
> Manicotti-cheese
> Italian sausage and neck bones
> Biscuits
> Almond butter
> Garlic butter
> Grilled romaine salad with tomato and mozzarella cheese and anchovies
> Smoked mesquite Brussel sprouts
> Grilled sweet corn
> Baked sweet potatoes
> Crab soup
>
> Hungarian croissant cookies
> Pecan pie
> Poached pears
> Home made whipped cream
>
> Irish coffee
>
> To be done
> Gene
>
> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
> Mark Twain

Our recipe:
First, capture, and save all drippings, both from the saute pan you're
using, and from all that renders during the bake. The fat and the meat
granules in the drip pan and from the saute pan are what makes the dish.

Blenderize one cup flour, one cup milk, and two eggs, and salt to taste.
Rest up to one hour. Resting is important.

All of the following comes after roasting, and during the mandatory 30
minute resting period.
Heat up to one fourth cup of fat and drippings in your baking pan at 400
in the oven.
Pour in batter and bake for 25 minutes. The top should be golden brown.

There are many, many recipes, as you well know for Yorkshire pudding.
Rest the batter. To capture the flavor it's very important to capture the
brown stuff in the drippings along with the fat. I may try adding some of
the brown stuff to the batter next time at the end of the resting period. It
depends on how much there is. Bake in a cast iron, ceramic, or Pyrex bowl.
Don't look in the oven for 20 minutes. Then look and adjust your oven temp
if necessary.

Happy Holidays to you Gene, and to All.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 22, 3:51*pm, "Kent" > wrote:

> Our recipe:
> First, capture, and save all drippings,

Sounds like a snipe hunt, Kent style.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
tutall > wrote:

> On Dec 22, 3:51*pm, "Kent" > wrote:
>
> > Our recipe:
> > First, capture, and save all drippings,

> Sounds like a snipe hunt, Kent style.

Snipe is delicious but pretty spare on the drippings.

monroe(cook it sooo veeeed then cold smoke it char rare)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip
>Ya think you could get some pics of this small cook?
>Very ambitious cook for sure.
>Mine will be either grilled chicken or venison burgers with potato salad
>and beans. All cooked by someone else and reheated as needed at work.
>Coffee, but not Irish style. That might be frowned upon at work !!
>If I go to the store today, I will see if they have a boxed Yorkshire
>Pudding that I can make today and bring to work with the rest of my meal.
>
>Enjoy,
>BBQ

Now that I am sober I might cut back on that menu a bit. But then
again, maybe not.

I am the only one that will be drinking the Irish coffee. I have one
about once a year and have a real taste for one now.

I'm not making the Yorkshire as I am the only one that eats it. I made
it last year, it turned out great. But I feed some real picky people.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 05:50:16 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 01:32:34 -0600, Gene >
>wrote:
>
>>Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
>>Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
>>Mexican shrimp cocktail

>Too ambitious for me for a holiday. When we had the meal at our
>house, it was usually a simple ham, mashed potatoes and veggie.
>
>Less time in kitchen = more time with family.

Lots of this meal will be made a day or two ahead.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>What is "Italian sausage and neck bones?"
>
>-sw

Hot Italian sausage and pork neck bones go into the gravy that goes
over the manicotti (or what ever pasta). It is a all day gravy. Never
call it a sauce in front of an Italian. A couple of guys might show up
at your door offering to fit you with some cement shoes.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip
>> Too ambitious for me for a holiday. When we had the meal at our
>> house, it was usually a simple ham, mashed potatoes and veggie.
>>
>> Less time in kitchen = more time with family.

>LOL...It depends on the family. Some may just want to escape to the kitchen
>;-)

And they wonder why I drink!
Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>Happy Holidays to you Gene, and to All.
>
>Kent

And to you and yours Kent.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip
>From what I've observed lately, "family time" is 4 or more people and
>just as many cell phones (or portable Nintendo/Wii whatever). And I
>don't think they're texting each other. The parents are usually the
>worst offenders.
>
>-sw

My house, my rules. Everyone knows the rules and none are obligated to
come here.

Everyone sits at the table together. No cel phones or any other
electronics. I even take the house phone off the hook.

Last year they wanted the TV on. So I put on the comcast fireplace
channel.

That will learn em.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip
>I really need to taste a bone-in and boneless ribeye from the same cow
>side by side to be convinced that bone-in is worth the extra 25-35%.
>This was $8.39/lb. Prime was way up there at $16/lb. Highest I
>evert seen both at CostCo ($7.39 and $12 is what I pay other times of
>the year). And this is while Select grade is the cheapest I've seen
>for years - $4 and $5/lb at regular grocery stores.
>
>-sw

Only the chef knows why to buy the bone in. No one else ever gets to
even see the bones that are trimmed off.

The bones and the meat between them are for us and us alone. WORTH IT!

Miejer has choice standing rib roasts for under $8 a pound here.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

preparing ahead not only maekes it easier for company and sharing, but many
things benifit from being in the frig for a day, Lee
"Gene" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 05:50:16 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 01:32:34 -0600, Gene >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Prime or standing rib roast aged 3.5 days.
>>>Yorkshire pudding just to **** with Kent
>>>Mexican shrimp cocktail

>>Too ambitious for me for a holiday. When we had the meal at our
>>house, it was usually a simple ham, mashed potatoes and veggie.
>>
>>Less time in kitchen = more time with family.

> Lots of this meal will be made a day or two ahead.
>
> Gene
>
> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
> Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

LOL, i love that, and besides from what we have watched over the last year,
the fireplace channel might be the best of the lot, Lee
"Gene" > wrote in message
> snip
>>From what I've observed lately, "family time" is 4 or more people and
>>just as many cell phones (or portable Nintendo/Wii whatever). And I
>>don't think they're texting each other. The parents are usually the
>>worst offenders.
>>
>>-sw

> My house, my rules. Everyone knows the rules and none are obligated to
> come here.
>
> Everyone sits at the table together. No cel phones or any other
> electronics. I even take the house phone off the hook.
>
> Last year they wanted the TV on. So I put on the comcast fireplace
> channel.
>
> That will learn em.
>
> Gene
>
> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
> Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i haven't looked at ads at all for two weeks, had i known that I would have
gotten one and done your recipe ... nah, wouldn't want to do that as a
virginal run for an unknown oven, but it was a nice passing thought, Lee
"Gene" > wrote in message
> snip
>>I really need to taste a bone-in and boneless ribeye from the same cow
>>side by side to be convinced that bone-in is worth the extra 25-35%.
>>This was $8.39/lb. Prime was way up there at $16/lb. Highest I
>>evert seen both at CostCo ($7.39 and $12 is what I pay other times of
>>the year). And this is while Select grade is the cheapest I've seen
>>for years - $4 and $5/lb at regular grocery stores.
>>
>>-sw

> Only the chef knows why to buy the bone in. No one else ever gets to
> even see the bones that are trimmed off.
>
> The bones and the meat between them are for us and us alone. WORTH IT!
>
> Miejer has choice standing rib roasts for under $8 a pound here.
>
> Gene
>
> It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
> - More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
> Mark Twain

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:37:33 -0800 (PST), tutall wrote:
>
>> On Dec 22, 3:51 pm, "Kent" > wrote:
>>
>>> Our recipe:
>>> First, capture, and save all drippings,

>> Sounds like a snipe hunt, Kent style.

> I don't get little, if any usable drippings, from a rib roast. I'm
> fairly well convinced that if you get drippings, you're doing it
> wrong. Which explains why it's an English invention.
>
> And it's official - I'm having 6.16 pounds of Choice ribeye from
> CostCo, at the least. And a fork since boneless ribeye doesn't come
> with a built-in handle.
>
> I really need to taste a bone-in and boneless ribeye from the same cow
> side by side to be convinced that bone-in is worth the extra 25-35%.
> This was $8.39/lb. Prime was way up there at $16/lb. Highest I
> evert seen both at CostCo ($7.39 and $12 is what I pay other times of
> the year). And this is while Select grade is the cheapest I've seen
> for years - $4 and $5/lb at regular grocery stores.
>
> -sw

In the last several years I've done the following. One can find my regime
with a google search, but what the hell.
1. Onto Weber kettle bone side down indirectly at 400F, with foil drip
catch pan underneath large enough to gather all of the drippings.
2 After 5-10 minutes turn lower vent dampers to about 25%. to bring
kettle temp. to 300F.
3. Roast to 120F as is. Don't turn roast.
I get excellent drippings. You can also scrape the bottom to get more.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, "Kent" >
wrote:

> I get excellent drippings. You can also scrape the bottom to get more.

Dude-that's just disgusting beyond belief.

monroe(keep your medical issues to yourself)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 12/24/2011 8:30 PM, monroe, of course wrote:
> In >, >
> wrote:
>
>> I get excellent drippings. You can also scrape the bottom to get more.

> Dude-that's just disgusting beyond belief.
>
> monroe(keep your medical issues to yourself)

LoL. Thanks

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...

Christmas menu? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 519 21-12-2014 12:46 AM
Do you have a Christmas Menu? Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 249 29-12-2011 09:15 PM
our christmas menu Storrmmee Barbecue 2 25-12-2011 09:55 AM
Got our Christmas menu Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 9 21-12-2010 09:04 AM
Your Christmas Dinner Menu? Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 59 19-12-2005 11:31 PM