Posted to rec.food.cooking
Polly Esther[_2_] Polly Esther[_2_] is offline

Default Laser digital thermometer

"Storrmmee" <> wrote in message > H/F has a good web presenc e and sometimes
offers free shipping, Lee
I went over to H/F and looked around seeing what was available and read some
of the reviews. Shirley Corriher in CookWise says that a praline recipe
that includes corn syrup needs to go to 240 degrees. The thermometer
reviews wail that some of them are off by as much as 6 degrees. That may
explain why only two of my four praline cooking sessions came out perfectly.
The two failures made me want to go hang my harp on a willow tree. Polly