Posted to alt.food.diabetic
KROM KROM is offline

Default Pumpkin Cheesecake: This year's version

I have had gourd rind pickles a lot as a kid..my mom used all the
pumpkin..we ate the seeds toasted and the rind as pickles

if I recall she boiled them in the pickling agents to make them soft..

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 11/27/2011 12:21 AM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>

>> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>>
>>> we LOVE butternut squash and i've yet to make it into a curried
>>> butternut squash soup, just toss it into the pressure cooker and when
>>> done, serve the circles/half circles sans skin

>> I eat the skins of all pumpkins

> hmm....... and they aren't tough? I'm going to have to be adventurous!
>
> kate

Not at all. I cook the kids' pumpkin with skins too knowing they will
leave them and I will eat them, lol. Roasted or boiled, same thing -
skin soft enough to eat. Saves a lot of peeling time too