Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] pltrgyst@xhost.org is offline

Default Meat Grinder Recommendation?

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:47:35 -0800 (PST), merryb > wrote:

>> Merry I asked about meat grinders here not very long ago and some suggested
>> that the KitchenAid mixer attachment worked well enough unless you're going
>> into a really serious production. *Not nearly as pricey as a separate
>> appliance and finding space to house it. *Polly

>I have the attachment, but does not meet my needs...

What are your needs, then?

I have the KA attachment in addition to my Maverick, and it works fine for
grinding 1-3 lbs of meat.

But it does not take a standard plate, so if you want a coarser grind (I use a
1/2" grind for my some of my chilis), you're out of luck, or paying for custom
work.

-- Larry