Posted to rec.food.cooking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default Meat Grinder Recommendation?

merryb > wrote:

> I'm looking at the Waring 800...158.00 on Amazon with free shipping.

A repost, just as applicable in this case...

From what I gather, there is now only one 110V non-commercial meat
grinder/mincer on the American market which is not produced in
China/Laogai: the made-in-Japan Panasonic MK-G20NR-W (available on
Amazon).

In the 220-240V category, there is a choice of producing countries. I
like the made-in-Germany Braun Power Plus 1300 (also labelled G1300K).
Some US distributors carry this and other such mincers, for example
<http://www.newkunst.com/cat.asp?mCat=Small%20Appliance&sCat=Meat%20Grinder >.
This is just an example, not a personal recommendation, as I do not know
anything about this particular retailer. Otherwise, these mincers may
have to be ordered from abroad.

Victor