Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nan[_3_] Nan[_3_] is offline

Default Quick Thanksgiving Post-Dinner Snack After Noon Dinner

On Nov 25, 11:50*am, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
> We had "dinner" at noon with my in-laws in their retirement home. *We
> ate our fill but were hungry when we got home at about normal-for-us
> dinner time, 6 PM. *The quick-and-easy solution I made required 3
> ingredients
>
> Deli ham
>
> Ricotta cheese
>
> Olive oil
>
> Season the ricotta with salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic - all
> powered/dried although fresh could certain work for some of those.
>
> Lay out the slices of ham, put a nice dollop of seasoned ricotta in the
> center, roll up, stick a toothpick through to keep it together, and fry
> in olive oil on a medium-high heat. *Turn once, when the bottom side is
> nicely browned, after about 4 minutes. *The second side needs less time,
> about 2 minutes.
>
> This really hit the spot for us - flavorful, low carbs after all the pie
> in the afternoon, and we ate it standing up in the kitchen because we'd
> just finished a day of 2 hours of driving, 4 hours of sitting, and 2
> more hours of driving.
>
> We were hungry for more but had run out of ricotta cheese, so we
> substituted deli provolone cheese for the next round and otherwise did
> the same - put the cheese on the ham then the seasonings on top of that,
> rolled, and fried. *Again, delicious and quick. The ham was our favorite
> of late, slow-cooked ham from Whole Foods.
>
> -S-

Sounds good. My body is used to low carb and is reeling since I ate a
repeat of Thanksgiving dinner lastnight. I so do not want another
turkey, and dressing & gravy dinner again any time soon.
This meal y'all fixed sounds clean and refreshing!!
Nan in DE