Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] ridgerfg@novoicenetno.com is offline

Default Let's Preserve alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 18:15:05 -0800 (PST), tutall >
wrote:

>On Nov 6, 12:51*pm, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> It is OK to be a purists, but this NG was designed and charted to
>> allow all types of grilling and barbecue. *It should be encouraged,
>> not frowned upon.

>And it isn't. Not for a long damned time. JackSchidt was around when
>that was going on.
>The locals have long recognized the need to be more inclusive as pure
>BBQ is just to specialized. Most here would like this to be a "BBQ
>group that kicks ass at outdoor grilling too"
>
>Every swinging dick that makes BBQ, grills, no exception. And some
>make savory side dishes too.

This group helped get me started. I lurked for several years working
on my technique and recipes learning as I went from information found
here. Most times I didn't even need to post the questions I had
because someone else had already done it...I just needed to read all
of the responses. Still like reading others tips because I still
haven't gotten it all quite right yet.