Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

Default Let's Preserve alt.food.barbecue

On 11/6/2011 8:15 PM, tutall wrote:
> On Nov 6, 12:51 pm, Ed > wrote:
>
>> It is OK to be a purists, but this NG was designed and charted to
>> allow all types of grilling and barbecue. It should be encouraged,
>> not frowned upon.

> And it isn't. Not for a long damned time. JackSchidt was around when
> that was going on.
> The locals have long recognized the need to be more inclusive as pure
> BBQ is just to specialized. Most here would like this to be a "BBQ
> group that kicks ass at outdoor grilling too"
>
> Every swinging dick that makes BBQ, grills, no exception. And some
> make savory side dishes too.

Not really sure what you're saying. I came here way back when, 97 or
so. The group is a barbecue topic. I don't recall that talking about
grilling being frowned upon. If someone mentioned grilling, thinking it
is barbecue, they were advised of the differences.

At least for me, it has been a place to talk about "outdoor cooking",
regardless of fuel (lump,briquettes or gas) or equipment (grill or
smoker). It is a place to learn the differences between grilling and
barbecue.

Occasionally, this clown mentioned to brine a turkey in the garage
before barbecuing. Knowledgeable folks would chip in to say DON'T do
that and explain why.

Hopefully, lurkers or newbies took the advice of the knowledgeable ones.
If not, they might not be around any longer, thanks to the clown.

BBQ - not mentioning who the clown is out of politeness
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...