Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Are you ever tempted to throttle someone?

I went to the corner bakery/coffee/ gift shop this morning for a coffee
and a muffin, as I do several days each week. They have great coffee
and good muffins, but they are not known for speed, and I am not usually
in a hurry.

When I went up to the counter there were two women ahead of me and two
other women, a older woman and her daughter <?>, were walking around
looking at the gift items. The girl at the counter was making up some
special teas, which I assumed were for the women ahead of me at the
counter.

As it turned out, when the teas were finally ready, they were for the
mother daughter who are wandering around, so we had to wait while they
slowly returned to the counter. The counter girl asked if they wanted
anything else. Mother said of course and ordered a brownie. The daughter
is hemming and hawing and, after her mother pressed her to hurry,
decided she wanted a sandwich. Despite there being a menu mounted on the
wall that she could have been looking at while the girl was making their
teas, she has to asked what kind of sandwiches there are.