Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

Default Has this group died?

On 10/27/2011 12:54 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:42:02 -0500, bbq wrote:
>
>> I know a waitress who works at a BWW.

> It's BW3 or BWWW. Never BWW, even though that is an abbreviation of
> their new name. Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck, IIRC. The first one I
> ate at was the original in Columbus Ohio.
>
> -sw

Thanks for the history lesson. Odd that their original store is in
Columbus, Ohio and corporate offices in Minneapolis..

I read that in 2009 their wing costs went from $1.22 lb. to $1.70 lb.
The increase mainly due to the price of corn. I wonder what is so
special about corn. Large hog farmers plant acres of corn for feed. Corn
is also needed to produce Ethanol fuel.

1800 full time employees with 773 stores. Less then 3 full timers per
store. Easily about 20 employees on duty when I was there last.

IMO, their overhead is low. Waitresses can get paid less then minimum
wage. Being P/T, no benefits other then maybe some vacation time. Big
deal. If working 25 hours a week, they get $150 or so at $6.00/hr for 1
week of vacation benefits.

I have heard, though have not verified, that P/T help is not covered
under workers comp laws in Minnesota either. Not to mention they
probably practice age discrimination too. At the store I was at, I
didn't see anyone over 30. Corporate = Crooks.

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...