Brian Lundeen

Default Bottle Washer works!

The bottle washer got its maiden run on the weekend with great success.

I have put up some photos and text at

http://barleyment.neap.net/gallery/v...umName=album33

Just to add some information, it seems the dishwasher I acquired has a
problem with its hi-temp wash cycle. It will start, but it won't stop. Under
the category of documenting a bug and calling it a feature, this does give
me the option of extending the wash cycle for really filthy bottles. I'll
set the dishwasher for hi-temp, and it will continue to recirculate the soap
solution for as long as is necessary. Setting it back to normal allows the
cycle to then continue through the rinse and dry phases.

I used a fairly concentrated PBW solution for the tests. The wash cycle uses
about 2 gallons and I put 50 g of PBW into the detergent cup, about double
the strength I normally use for an extended soak clean. I'll continue to
play around with different cycles and detergent strengths to find the
minimum water and detergent levels that will still provide an effective
cleaning.

Cheers
Brian, in Winnipeg