Brian Lundeen

Default Bottle Washer works!

The bottle washer got its maiden run on the weekend with great success.

I have put up some photos and text at

http://barleyment.neap.net/gallery/v...umName=album33

Just to add some information, it seems the dishwasher I acquired has a
problem with its hi-temp wash cycle. It will start, but it won't stop. Under
the category of documenting a bug and calling it a feature, this does give
me the option of extending the wash cycle for really filthy bottles. I'll
set the dishwasher for hi-temp, and it will continue to recirculate the soap
solution for as long as is necessary. Setting it back to normal allows the
cycle to then continue through the rinse and dry phases.

I used a fairly concentrated PBW solution for the tests. The wash cycle uses
about 2 gallons and I put 50 g of PBW into the detergent cup, about double
the strength I normally use for an extended soak clean. I'll continue to
play around with different cycles and detergent strengths to find the
minimum water and detergent levels that will still provide an effective
cleaning.

Cheers
Brian, in Winnipeg

Alan McKay

> The bottle washer got its maiden run on the weekend with great success.
> I have put up some photos and text at
> http://barleyment.neap.net/gallery/v...umName=album33

Brilliant!

MDixon

Brian Lundeen > wrote in message
> The bottle washer got its maiden run on the weekend with great success.
>
> I have put up some photos and text at
>
> http://barleyment.neap.net/gallery/v...umName=album33
>
> Just to add some information, it seems the dishwasher I acquired has a
> problem with its hi-temp wash cycle. It will start, but it won't stop.

Under
> the category of documenting a bug and calling it a feature, this does give
> me the option of extending the wash cycle for really filthy bottles. I'll
> set the dishwasher for hi-temp, and it will continue to recirculate the

soap
> solution for as long as is necessary. Setting it back to normal allows the
> cycle to then continue through the rinse and dry phases.
>
> I used a fairly concentrated PBW solution for the tests. The wash cycle

uses
> about 2 gallons and I put 50 g of PBW into the detergent cup, about double
> the strength I normally use for an extended soak clean. I'll continue to
> play around with different cycles and detergent strengths to find the
> minimum water and detergent levels that will still provide an effective
> cleaning.

When you said you were retrofitting a dishwasher on a previous thread I
thought you were kidding...so now at least there is a dishwasher that will
clean bottles throughly...yours...

Cheers,
Mike

MikeMTM

Wow. That's gotta rank up there with the infamous Maytag lees
centrifuge. I'm impressed.

Mike MTM

Brian Lundeen

"MDixon" > wrote in message

> When you said you were retrofitting a dishwasher on a previous thread I
> thought you were kidding...so now at least there is a dishwasher that will
> clean bottles throughly...yours...

Something I neglected to mention...

This doesn't necessarily require a dedicated dishwasher. On this one, all I
need is another pump cover and lower dish rack and in a few minutes, it
could be a regular dishwasher again. Only those items were severely
compromised in the conversion process. All the other parts were simply
removed without damage.

Not that I would consider trying this on the Bosch in the kitchen. I'm
already in enough hot water with the announcement that the keg fridge upon
return from repair will sit in the kitchen instead of the basement. ;-)

Brian

DK

In article >, Brian Lundeen
> wrote:

> The bottle washer got its maiden run on the weekend with great success.
>
> I have put up some photos and text at
>
> http://barleyment.neap.net/gallery/v...umName=album33

Cool! I like the hole for the detergent cup. Nice touch.
Don