Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Dinner 2011-10-16

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:35:42 -0400, Rusty > wrote:

> I was thinking of using the fat-free sour cream instead of yogurt. I
> often have that on hand. Would that work?

I don't see why not. I just happened to have a container of the
regular stuff on hand, but I often cook with fat free sour cream and
it doesn't seem to behave any differently from the regular stuff.

> Yes, I will try the apple & pear crisp, but I have never heard of Macoun
> apples. What could be substituted?

Me either, use your favorite pie apple. I substituted Fuji apples -
I'd use Pink Lady when that comes into season later on. I'd like to
try Northern Spy sometime - if I ever find them.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.