Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default TN Chateau Laville Haut-Brion 1989

I bought 3 bottle of Chateau Laville Haut-Brion 1989 at auction
shortly after release The production of this wine was small and it was
difficult to find. It is by far the best dry white Bordeaux I have
ever had.

The wine has evolved over the years, but it still is holding up very
well. It has somewhat of a honey comb character with a very complex
mix of floral and herbal character in the background. It has plenty of
extract. There is a hint of oak. The balance is near perfect, and the
finish is long. I had it with Maine lobster. For my taste, it is a
better match with lobster than are most top white Burgundy wines and
Champagne, especially if the lobster has a very rich sauce.