Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Christmas?????? was .... I'm not much of a baker...

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 21:49:19 -0800, (Judy Haffner)
wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
>
> >It's a light fruitcake. I love the dark stuff
> > too, but I can`t eat nuts and dark
> > fruitcake isn`t fruitcake without nuts.

> Dave, would you mind sharing that fruitcake recipe in here, or is it a
> treasured family recipe, that you don't like to give out? I like nuts,
> but my hubby, nor most of the rest of our family care for nuts in
> things. As you said, all of the dark ones seem to be loaded with nuts,
> but even all of the light ones I've seen too, and wasn't sure how they'd
> turn out, if I just omitted the nuts. Anyway, I love making fruitcakes,
> and am really interested in this one you make! Thanks!

Judy, I disagree with Dave's opinion. Use your favorite recipe. That
nut problem is easily remedied and if you want to replace the bulk -
add more fruit.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.