Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Eating Puppy Meat Is the Same as Eating Pork, British TV ChefSays

On 10/12/2011 12:24 PM, Doug Freyburger wrote:
> Stephen Newport wrote:
>>
>> Fearnley-Whittingstall, the star of Channel 4's "River Cottage," was
>> asked by British magazine Radio Times whether he would try loin of
>> Labrador or cat liver.

> Dog liver accumulates enough vitamins A/D to be toxic. Plenty of artic
> explorers died fromt eh effects of eating the livers of their dogs
> before that was learned. Cat liver should be at least as problematic.
>
> Many object to eating pet animals. Heck, many object to eating venison
> because "Bambi is too cute".

Tho as a gardener, I think of deer as horned rats, we have coexisted
until this dry summer. Then, a trio of cute, spotted, beautiful but very
thin fawns ate all the leaves off my house plants. I've been putting the
plants outside for the summer for 20 years without problems. There is
only one plant, periwinkle or Vinca minor, that deer don't eat in my
experience.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*