Arjay

Default raspberry wine advice

Rick:

I never made a raspberry wine, although I want to. Have made blackberry
wine though. I didn't have to deal with the tart aspect though. Check the
acid. Sometimes what I do is to add the sugar in water instead of in must.
That is, dissolve the added sugar in water and add that to the must. Some
people add water until the TA is adjusted instead of adding CaCO3. I too
advocate 100% juice wines but have deviated in the past. In the end it is
up to you, but you might want to play it safe and add some water (of course
keeping track of how much) and then next year you will know whether to add
more or less water. For apple and peach I never add water.

Good luck,
Arjay

"Rick Vanderwal" > wrote in
: