Rick Vanderwal

Default raspberry wine advice

Tonight I just pressed two gallons of pure raspberry juice from the 18 or so
pounds I had frozen from my bushes this summer.

I've read a number of recipes...and I guess I'd like some advice as to what
to do....

1. Use the two gallons to make two gallons of really rich wine?
2. Dilute it to make a larger quanitity, but less acidic wine? And if
so, how much water should I add for dilution? Could I add double the
water, to bring the total to four gallons? or even five? But would that
water it down too much?
3. Buy a can of Oregon pure seedless raspberry puree and add it to what I
have and bring the total to five gallons for lots of flavourful wine?

I have the juice sitting in the garage in a closed bucket, so i'd love to
act on it quickly. The temperature is 40 degrees so it should hold for a
day or two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! You guys
and gals are always a lot of help!!!

Sincerely, Rick Vanderwal
Fremont, Michigan