Posted to rec.food.preserving
Nad Nad is offline

Default Bread prices redux

"Storrmmee" > wrote:
> our thomasas go on sale for a dollar a package evry so often at meijer,
> regular are about three dollars, when we had freezer space we stocked up as
> we both love english muffins, Lee
> "gloria.p" > wrote in message
>> On 9/28/2011 2:15 PM, George Shirley wrote:
>>> Went to the used bread store this morning, same bread that was #$3.39 a
>>> loaf at Kroger was $1.39 a loaf there. Bought two loaves of Nature's Own
>>> Honey Seven Grain and then they gave me two more loaves as a bonus.
>>> That's cut the price down to 69.5 cents per loaf. Guess where I'm buying
>>> bread from now on and the place is only about three blocks from the
>>> house on the main drag in our town.

>> I just Googled and we have an Orowheat outlet about 6 miles away.
>> Good thought. Their bread is not bad at all and I love their English
>> muffins.
>>
>> Funny, when they first started making them they cost much less than
>> Thomas's. Now the latter is on sale most of the time for 2/$5 and
>> the Orowheat are $3.49 a pkg. Probably worth the trip if I have freezer
>> space.
>>
>> gloria p

Hmmm...

A food preserving forum talking about "buying" and freezing bread?
Do we not make our own bread? But make our own Jams and Juices?

Why not just buy a fifty pound container of wheat berries? Wheat berries
in containers will last for YEARS. Get a grinder and over time it will pay
for itself and Really have some of the best tasting bread ever at a lower
cost than those stale past due date bread discount stores.

--
Nad