Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Menu for diarrhea?

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> So what do you eat when you have diarrhea? Assuming you normally eat
>> low
>> carb .
>>
>> Thanks!

> When I'm gut sick like that I throw low-carb out the window because I
> can't tolerate most of the low-carb foods. I go for plain boiled
> white
> rice until I feel like something more. Last digestive virus I had I
> think I ate plain white rice and drank ginger ale for three days. Of
> course it was tiny bits at a time to start, and by the time I could
> eat
> more I was cooking the rice in chicken stock, then adding bits of
> cooked
> chicken.
>
> I hope she feels betters soon!

Whenever I had stomach bugs in the past my bg would soar just like it
did with sinus infection. So it didn't really matter whether my first
foods were carb or not. I go for toast and vegemite (white bread as
fibre can be very irritating to an inflamed gut) as a first food
generally. Those small containers of KFC potato and gravy have always
stayed down well too. Or should I say gravy and potato, little potato in
them.