Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Can't grille or barbecue

TFM® wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 10:52:00 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown wrote:
>

> > What ythe **** do you think the ashtray in the car is for...not only
> > are you an idiot for throwing a butt out the window where it could
> > start a fire but now you're just a ****ing litterbug. Put the damn cig
> > out in the ashtray and then empty the ashtray when you get home. Jesus
> > Christ!!

> The cig was filterless. Totally bio-degradable. Might I also reiterate
> that asphalt is highly unlikely to reach combustible temperature from a
> cigarette.
>
> As far as littering, I never throw trash out of my vehicle (can't stand to
> see it done, even) aside from a cig butt if I deem it safe.
>
> Little did I know that that one particular butt (tossed in a safe location)
> would set a fire in my wallet causing over a hundred dollars worth of
> damage.
>
> TFM®

FWIW, here in north TX I see an awful lot of burned patches along the
side of the concrete paved highways, sometimes I see them actively
burning with a few fire trucks trying to put them out. The concrete may
not burn, but that butt can readily be blown off the concrete onto the
grass. Please use an ashtray.