Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default What's the secret for good turkey burgers?

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 8/21/2011 1:48 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> Angela will eat the onions if they are chopped finely enough. My FIL
>>> would pick out onions and would have the most disgusted look on his
>>> face. But he too would eat them if chopped finely enough.

>> Here's the weird thing though. When I made the rissoles the other
>> night
>> I didn't chop the onion finely, quite rough in fact. Some chunks came
>> out of the rissoles while I was frying them and I used them in the
>> "gravy" with the canned tomatoes. There was nothing left on his plate
>> when I woke and he is not a plate scraping into the bin kinda person.

> Could that indicate that he likes onions only if they are cooked
> more thoroughly than you normally cook them?

No, when we have a BBQ and fry the onions until fully cooked he still
refuses them. We had beef stroganoff last night and I like lots of
mushrooms. I fully expected him to pick out the mushrooms on his plate
and he ate them all! I guess the change has happened for him