Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What's the secret for good turkey burgers?

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:57:26 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> we can have smaller govt, and what we need, we can start by not paying for
>> off site vacation sites when we already spend millons for vacaton spots
>> like camp david... the fda if it were run correctly could actually benifit
>> us, but its in the hands of the lobbists and politicans, Lee

>Plus one!
>
>Cheri

What we REALLY need is to make it so the FDA employees or officials
CANNOT be a part of any company that stands to benefit. In
otherwords no conflict of interest people!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

exactly, if you work for the govt, fda, ftc fcc or dod, you should be barred
from working for any private co that was regulated by your govt agency for
at least five to ten years, Lee
"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:57:26 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> we can have smaller govt, and what we need, we can start by not paying
>>> for
>>> off site vacation sites when we already spend millons for vacaton spots
>>> like camp david... the fda if it were run correctly could actually
>>> benifit
>>> us, but its in the hands of the lobbists and politicans, Lee

>>Plus one!
>>
>>Cheri

> What we REALLY need is to make it so the FDA employees or officials
> CANNOT be a part of any company that stands to benefit. In
> otherwords no conflict of interest people!
>
> Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/21/2011 1:48 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Or my 20 yr old who painstakingly picks out the most minute pieces of
>>> mushroom from anything
>>> He also says he hates onions but I once left onions out of something
>>> that really needs it and said there was something wrong with it, it
>>> tasted weird, lol.

>> Angela will eat the onions if they are chopped finely enough. My FIL
>> would pick out onions and would have the most disgusted look on his
>> face. But he too would eat them if chopped finely enough.

> Here's the weird thing though. When I made the rissoles the other night
> I didn't chop the onion finely, quite rough in fact. Some chunks came
> out of the rissoles while I was frying them and I used them in the
> "gravy" with the canned tomatoes. There was nothing left on his plate
> when I woke and he is not a plate scraping into the bin kinda person.

Could that indicate that he likes onions only if they are cooked
more thoroughly than you normally cook them?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 8/21/2011 1:48 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> Angela will eat the onions if they are chopped finely enough. My FIL
>>> would pick out onions and would have the most disgusted look on his
>>> face. But he too would eat them if chopped finely enough.

>> Here's the weird thing though. When I made the rissoles the other
>> night
>> I didn't chop the onion finely, quite rough in fact. Some chunks came
>> out of the rissoles while I was frying them and I used them in the
>> "gravy" with the canned tomatoes. There was nothing left on his plate
>> when I woke and he is not a plate scraping into the bin kinda person.

> Could that indicate that he likes onions only if they are cooked
> more thoroughly than you normally cook them?

No, when we have a BBQ and fry the onions until fully cooked he still
refuses them. We had beef stroganoff last night and I like lots of
mushrooms. I fully expected him to pick out the mushrooms on his plate
and he ate them all! I guess the change has happened for him