Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Potato Salad ala Bagna Cauda

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...gna-cauda.html

>http://tinyurl.com/3ohutln
>
>Here's the recipe I used.
>
>@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
>Bagna Cauda
>
>salads/salad dressings, vegetables
>
>1 pound red potatoes; boiled and sliced
>1/3 cup olive oil
>6 anchovy fillets
>4 cloves garlic; smashed
>1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
>1/4 cup chopped parsley
>1/4 cup chopped scallions
>1 tablespoon chopped oregano
> juice and zest of one lemon
>
>In the olive oil, cook the anchovies, garlic and red pepper flakes for
>5 minutes. Then add the parelsy, scallions, oregano the zest and juice
>of one lemon.
>Drizzle over 1 pound of boiled sliced red potatoes.
>
>koko's notes;
>For the potatoes I used small white potatoes, boiled and chunked.
>It didn't taste spicy enough for my taste so I amped up the anchovies
>and red pepper flakes.

Looks good but for one pound of potatoes it wasn't worth dirtying a
bowl... and you peeled them, so there was even less, wouldn't fill a
cavity... and to me all that dressing looks sufficent for three pounds
of potatoes. I wouldn't consider cooking one pound of potatoes for
anything... I typically use an entire five pound bag, may reserve the
two largest for baked... I like to make plenty for left overs, potato
salad tastes even better the next day... if it was worth making at all
then make more than one serving. I can't believe that anyone goes to
the trouble of making potato salad with just one measly pound of
spuds... normal folks buy that little bit at the deli.