Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hummus

On 03/09/2011 6:14 PM, sf wrote:

>> Finding tahini in the market can be the challenge: in with the peanut and
>> other butters? In the organic section only? In the "Mediteranean foods"
>> section? In different markets I've found it in the Oriental aisle, the
>> Mexican aisle, and in with the jams and jellies. Sheesh.

> Fortunately, I can buy "bulk" tahini so I'm not at the mercy of the
> prices they put on those jars. If I had to buy it by the jar, I'd
> never make hummus.

I had been looking for it for some time but without luck, but a google
search revealed that it was available at Bulk Barn. Since it was my
first try I only bought a small container about half full. On my way
home I stopped at a bargain grocery store and found it on an aisle where
I would not have expected it, and they had several brands. I think it is
cheaper to buy a jar of it. I plan to be using a lot more of it.