Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Angela ate veggies and liked them.

On 8/25/2011 5:44 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:47:37 -0500, "Storrmmee"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> i admit, cooking stuffed mushrooms properly, to me is a very learned
>>> skill,
>>> my grandmother had the best way to me, she used a bit larger mushroom,
>>> removed stems, sprayed with oil or wiped with butter, broiled to set
>>> then
>>> stuff and return to broiler, quick is the point, Lee

>> I love mushrooms in any form, cooked, raw, stuffed, sauteed...... the

> I'm with you The first experience I had with mushrooms were canned
> ones in sauce, how vile! I believe Kate likes them though But I just
> love them any which way. Mushroom soup, yum, raw dipped in things like
> ranch, hommus, salsa etc.

only use canned mushrooms in s'ghetti sauce as if you use fresh ones,
they turn out like the canned ones do

having said that, a few years back all the mushrooms started to be "Made
in China" and, well, i won't buy it

now i use fresh, locally grown mushrooms in the s'ghetti sauce

kate