Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Good food at Mexican restaurants!

We have noticed that more and more Mexican restaurants are serving low carb
salads. Granted these are the more Americanized places, but those are the
sort we have in this area. But some of the taquerias are also serving
salads. That was my big beef with Mexican food when we lived in CA. None
of the restaurants had salads and although I love Mexican food, there were
just too many carbs in the food for me.

Tonight we tried a place in Woodinville where we had not eaten before.
Plaza Garcia. Angela had a Carlos Salad which had a nice chicken breast,
cheese, tomatoes and tons of sautéed mushrooms and onions on top. Instead
of dressing she had sour cream and guacamole. The only problem was that the
thing was HUGE! I think it could have easily fed a family of four.

We didn't get a box because we didn't think it would be a good leftover
given the cooked veggies on the salad. Oddly the menu didn't say that the
mushrooms and onions were cooked so I assumed they would be raw.

So if you've been avoiding Mexican places because of the carbs, you might
want to check their menus again!