Posted to alt.food.vegan
Who_me? Who_me? is offline

Default VEGAN & SUGAR FREE cookies

On 25/08/2011 4:29 PM, Nelisthan wrote:
> Hi guys... I am extremely thankful to you for post regarding vegan and
> sugar free cookies. I have general question that My father has diabetes
> . Can he take these cookies because you have mentioned that cookies are
> free from sugar .

It isn't just sugar that is a problem for diabetics, it is any
carbohydrate at all, that includes flour, cornstarch, corn syrup etc.

You also don't mention whether he is a type one or type two and whether
he is using Insulin or other meds. A diabetic who is using insulin can
adjust dosages fro any carbs, but those who aren't on insulin have to be
careful about carb consumption.