Joe Ae

Default Italian Oak Barrels?

After tasting a friend's Cabernet blend I am looking forward at getting a
couple of oak barrels. One for red wine and 1 for white wine.
I am finding very limited options in Niagara. A couple of suppliers carry
French Oak 225L (990$C) ouch. Hungarian Oak Barrels. 60L ($399C) But I
found a supplier yesterday that says he can get Italian Oak Barrels. 100L
for 300$C. That price seems pretty good to me and the size sounds
practical. I can't find any info on Italian Oak. I don't kow how it
compares to American or French.

Does anyone have any expierence or has heard of Italian Oak?

Any other suggestions in getting started with an Oak Barrel will also be
appreciated.

Joe