Tom S

Default Selling Wine

"Nic Smith (Developers)" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've been making wine for quite a while and well, its pretty damn good. it
> goes down well at work, at the local gym and with family and friends. at
> times, i'm finding it hard to keep on top of demands.
>
> People are now offering money for my wine and i have to refuse them saying
> that it is illegal as i have not got a license to sell it.
>
> where could i possibly get a license from to sell my home made wine and

what
> implications would there be in having a license?

You are exactly where I was awhile back. You need to make your wine at a
bonded winery, get yourself licensed to sell wine, and pay a bunch of fees
and taxes along the way. It's a big pain in the ass, but if you
short-circuit the system you put yourself at risk legally.

You'll need a basic permit from the Feds to start with, plus a license from
your local ABC. Also, your state Franchise Tax Board gets involved
somewhere along the way.

Tom S