Dave Stacy

Default Selling Wine

CORRECT -A-MUNDO !!!!!!!!

I'm going through the process now.
You just wouldn't believe the amount of paperwork involved.

One hint though...
After you go through all the paperwork life does get easier.
Believe it or not it seems the only things the Fed and St agencies are
interested in is the tax money. AND (get this) how well your facility
is secured. They actually have a regulation for the inspectors
regarding the size and type of dead bolts. (Can't have any one
stealing that wine before the tax has been paid on it)

Unless you're planning getting serious and producing a few thousand
gallons or more a year my advice is forget it. It doesn't make sense
to go through all the "bs" to be able to sell a few cases a year.

Nic is right about giving it away. That's a "no-no". The law says for
YOUR and your family household members personal consumption. You can't
give it away.
Just a footnote here.........and ATF agent recently told me that
technically you can't even serve it to friends in your home so that
rules out parties.

Good Luck

Dave Stacy