Jim Carter Jim Carter is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgirl View Post
My regular smoothies are low fat plain yoghurt, strawberries (or mixed
frozen berries) dash of splenda and brewer's yeast. Put in the bullet
with ice or if using frozen berries just put the berries in straight
from the freezer and you can omit the ice. My daughter in Sydney has one
for brekky every weekday morning. She likes whey powder, water, berries,
ice and a dash of Stevia. Keep away from the bananas and honey. You
could try berries and a bit of rockmelon (cantaloupe) or watermelon.
Canned water packed-apricots work for me too, re bg. Mango might be a
little carby (will this be breakfast?). She might even be ok with a bit
of carrot juice in it with the fruit. I personally like celery in
smoothies with some berries. One cup of whey powder (powder in cup of
water) should give about half the daily amount of protein needed. That
might help if she isn't a big meat eater but needs to keep the carbs
down.

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
Angela loves smoothies. I bought 4 (and thankfully only 4) Yoplait
frozen smoothie thingies. I think you just add milk and put them in
the blender. I know they contain berries, perhaps bananas, probably
yogurt and no doubt sugar. So not good.

When I make them from scratch I use frozen strawberries, a banana,
rice milk and a drizzle of honey. Or if making a dairy one I use real
milk, plain or vanilla yogurt and again the honey. Again, not good.

I need something lower in carbs and preferably without dairy because
she can have it only twice a week.

I am thinking I might be able to do a granita type of thing with
frozen strawberries by just whizzing them up in the Magic Bullet
although I haven't tried it yet. She might like that.

But can anyone think of how I could do a lower carb smoothie?

Thanks!
I make smoothie in the same way as you are making but I don't add any sugar and if sugar is required I add sucralose. But I don't know the exact content of the carbohydrates in it.