Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Low carb smoothie. Is it possible?

Julie Bove > wrote:
: Angela loves smoothies. I bought 4 (and thankfully only 4) Yoplait frozen
: smoothie thingies. I think you just add milk and put them in the blender.
: I know they contain berries, perhaps bananas, probably yogurt and no doubt
: sugar. So not good.

: When I make them from scratch I use frozen strawberries, a banana, rice milk
: and a drizzle of honey. Or if making a dairy one I use real milk, plain or
: vanilla yogurt and again the honey. Again, not good.

: I need something lower in carbs and preferably without dairy because she can
: have it only twice a week.

: I am thinking I might be able to do a granita type of thing with frozen
: strawberries by just whizzing them up in the Magic Bullet although I haven't
: tried it yet. She might like that.

: But can anyone think of how I could do a lower carb smoothie?

: Thanks!
I hand not tried this byt how about a kind of mixed fruit sorbet done as a
slhushie smoothie. Mixes berries, fruits, etc, astrificial swttwnwe adn
water whapped up with some ice in it. See if it works.

Wendy