Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Whatcha Makin' This Weekend???

On 8/5/2011 6:57 PM, Mimi wrote:
> I'm makin':
> Peach jam for my DIL who is mad about peaches and...
> pesto, my basil is still doin' okay despite no rain--I'm keepin' it
> wet with harvested water from the a/c drain.

We're mulching the newly cleaned out flower beds in the front of the
house, garden is basically gone due to drought. Nothing producing, our
basil didn't stand a chance, didn't get one batch.

Miz Anne is at the local free farmer's market this morning. Took a truck
load of house and potted plants, cut zinnias, and a dozen quart bags of
dehydrated bay leaves taken from our bay laurel recently. Hope she sells
it all and doesn't bring anything home. <G>