Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cindy Fuller[_2_] Cindy Fuller[_2_] is offline

Default Herbal Teas Contain Contaminants, Mis-Labelled, Etc.

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> A new study using DNA analysis shows many herbal teas
> contain ingrediants not listed on the label and
> contaminants.
>
> http://newswire.rockefeller.edu/?page=engine&id=1181
>
> The herbal products industry is a real cesspool, full
> of mom-and-pop companies and fly-by-night operators.
> You can't trust what the label says. As the study
> shows, you could literally be getting lawn clippings.

Thank you, Orrin Hatch, for sponsoring the Dietary Supplement Health &
Education Act of 1994. I used the lawn clippings example when I taught
nutrition years ago. The FDA's hands are tied unless someone dies or
suffers serious issues, such as with ephedra.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me