Posted to rec.food.cooking
Helpful person Helpful person is offline

Default New use for my meat mallet

On Jul 27, 9:34*am, Kalmia > wrote:
> I have debated about buying one of those flat weights with a handle to
> apply pressure to stuff browning in a pan (think Veggie Burgers etc)
> and got out my meat mallet. *Just the right weight and it propped
> nicely on the side of the small skillet. *Yay - one less gadget to
> buy, store and clean.
>
> I use it seldom for meat, but one whack at a clove of garlic loosens
> that paper nicely and crushes the clove slightly.
>
> What's a good way to de-stick that garlic paper from fingers? 3M
> ought to look into it for temporary stickiness. *Hate that part of
> doing garlic.

You don't need a meat mallet. I use the bottom of a frying pan.
Works extremely well if you also put the meat in a ziplock bake. For
browning you can also place the frying pan on top of your meat during
cooking.

http://www.rochardfisher.com