Posted to rec.food.cooking
George[_1_] George[_1_] is offline

Default Tonight I made something I've never made before - Potato AndCheese Pierogi

On 7/16/2011 10:00 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 21:39:04 -0400, >
> wrote:
>
>> Getting harder to find because they can't get the help because it is so
>> labor intensive. One local church tried to go with those industrial
>> "MrsTs" which aren't even close if you know what real ones taste like.
>> That was the last year for their picnic.

> That's one reason why I wouldn't bother trying frozen. I won't like
> it and paint all pierogies with that brush. I know the difference
> between home made and frozen pot stickers and the frozen type is a big
> waste of money, AFAIC.

They survive well when frozen if you are freezing your own or good ones.
The problem is the usual frozen ones are industrial versions.

I do the same with gyoza. It is just as easy to make a big batch and
freeze them. Frozen industrial pot stickers are simply a waste of time
because of their poor quality.