Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Tonight I made something I've never made before - Potato And Cheese Pierogi

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 22:37:53 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> On 7/16/2011 10:00 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 21:39:04 -0400, >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Getting harder to find because they can't get the help because it is so
> >> labor intensive. One local church tried to go with those industrial
> >> "MrsTs" which aren't even close if you know what real ones taste like.
> >> That was the last year for their picnic.

> > That's one reason why I wouldn't bother trying frozen. I won't like
> > it and paint all pierogies with that brush. I know the difference
> > between home made and frozen pot stickers and the frozen type is a big
> > waste of money, AFAIC.
> >

> But homemade is very cheap to make.

And homemade is delicious.

> A lot of work, but literally only a
> few dollars for the two bags that I froze. I didn't count them.

Same with pot stickers, which is why most people won't make them from
scratch. They don't mind investing the money, but they mind investing
the time.