Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Paleo/GAPS/Gluten Free/Dairy Free Diet Suggestions?

Julie Bove > wrote:

>"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 02:19:09 +0000 (UTC), (Steve
>> Pope) wrote:
>>
>>>Breakfast -- TJ's "Joe's O's" (generic Cheerio's) which contain only
>>>oats; blueberries; and rice milk. And/or eggs.

>> From what I have been reading from Shauna Ahern (glutenfreegirl.com)
>> not all oats are gluten free. Some are contaminated...so one needs to
>> check very carefully. She has more on her website.

>Yes. You have to buy the ones that are certified GF.

Thank you for correcting me. I just looked at the box of "Joe's O's"
and it does not say it is gluten-free.

Whether that means it's not suitable for what Ranee is doing, I'm
not sure, it would depend on what her instructions are. Ranee
mentions having ham, that might not be gluten-free either.

Steve