Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bob-tx[_3_] Bob-tx[_3_] is offline

Default To wrap or not wrap - pork ribs

I know some of you experts, maybe most of you, don't wrap your pork ribs.
I have been wrapping mine after smoking for about three hours. At that
point,
they seem to be well smoked and a good color. Then I wrap them in foil with
about one fourth cup of mop, usually for about another couple hours.

They come out quite good; moist, fall off the bone cleanly, and tender, and
well smoked.

I wonder though if they are somehow better when not wrapped, but when I
have tried not wrapping them, they get too dark actually a bit crispy,
neither
of which I want.

I use an offset smoker, mostly oak wood (I can usually get all the Oak I
want
for free), and try to keep the temp at grill level around 225 - 250, with
chimney always wide open.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been barbecuing for nearly sixty
years, but am no expert, and always ready to learn how to do something
better. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bob-tx