Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_15_] dsi1[_15_] is offline

Default My posts here are not showing up again!!

On 6/19/2011 9:36 AM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> Jerry Avins wrote:
>> On Jun 19, 10:52 am, John > wrote:
>>> I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
>>> back! ;-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> Several posts of mine went astray too.

> Why do people use google groups?
>
> If you run in XP or earlier, you have the free Outlook Express. And with
> any OS there are several free newsreaders you can use.
>
> eternal-seprember.org is free.
>
> So why in the world would anyone use google groups?
>
> Have you tried using a reader and actually prefer a web interface?

I have a block account and a free account Usenet servers. Currently I
don't know which one I'm using nor do I care. I'm using T-Bird on a
laptop but if I find the servers to be slow, I'll use Google Groups. If
I happen to be using my iPad, I'll post through GG.

If we assume that mobile computing and hand-held devices are the future
of computing it doesn't take a genius to see that GG is the future of
Usenet. As it goes, Google Groups as implemented on the iPad has some
serious issues. Hopefully, it'll get fixed.