Old 19-06-2011, 03:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My posts here are not showing up again!!

I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Old 19-06-2011, 06:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 09:04:25 -0700, sf wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 07:52:41 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
wrote:

I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

If you can't afford to pay $2.50 a month for a news server like APN,
why not go with whatever it was that CC mentioned just the other day
for something like $13 a year?

My posts were disappearing last week and the week before. I blamed
Forte
Janet US
Old 19-06-2011, 07:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/19/2011 4:52 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Google Groups is pretty good about this - I had a refund check in my
greasy little paws in just a couple of days!

OTOH, it always makes me a little paranoid to not see a something that
I've posted on Google Groups. They have the power to purge the posts of
users from their archives. As a matter of fact, they have done just that
to a guy that posts on this newsgroup. It's amazing - Google's power is
awesome!
Old 19-06-2011, 09:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:36:17 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Why do people use google groups?

I know why I do, but I don't know why people use it as their regular
news reader when they're reading from their personal computer.

Old 19-06-2011, 10:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:12:53 -0600, Janet Bostwick
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:33:36 -0700, sf wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:29:35 -0600, Janet Bostwick
wrote:

My posts were disappearing last week and the week before. I blamed
Forte
Janet US

Did you check your outbox? That's only happened to me twice that I
can remember. They were sitting in the outbox as sent, but didn't
show up where I'd posted them.

OH! Now I remember what the problem was. It was before I started
using my spacebar to go to the next unread message and they were
buried in old saved messages that had the same subject line.

Nowadays I just start at the top of the list and hit my spacebar. If
someone posts something like "dinner last night" with no date to place
it in with new posts, I'll find it anyway.

I believe that I did check all those things. But it doesn't take much
to make me crazy. Ever since I was so sick for so many years and
malnourished, my brain doesn't work very well. It's getting better
but it doesn't take much about computers to frighten me off to bed.
seriously.

Glad to hear you're getting better, Janet and sorry to hear you
frustrate so easily. If you don't use your spacebar to go to the next
unread message, try it sometime.

Old 19-06-2011, 10:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 19, 9:52*am, John Kuthe wrote:
I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Now they are!! instantly!

John Kuthe...
Old 19-06-2011, 10:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 19, 9:52*am, John Kuthe wrote:
I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Awww, bloody hell! I lied!

:-(

John Kuthe...
Old 19-06-2011, 10:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 19, 4:54*pm, John Kuthe wrote:
On Jun 19, 9:52*am, John Kuthe wrote:

I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Awww, bloody hell! I lied!

:-(

John Kuthe...

Previous to this, I posted about how my posts were now showing up
instantly.

POS GoogleGroups! :-(

John Kuthe...
Old 20-06-2011, 01:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote in news:bb74d351-02a4-
:

I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Use a free news server. Google is -0-.
Old 20-06-2011, 01:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/19/2011 9:36 AM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Jerry Avins wrote:
On Jun 19, 10:52 am, John wrote:
I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Several posts of mine went astray too.

Why do people use google groups?

If you run in XP or earlier, you have the free Outlook Express. And with
any OS there are several free newsreaders you can use.

eternal-seprember.org is free.

So why in the world would anyone use google groups?

Have you tried using a reader and actually prefer a web interface?

I have a block account and a free account Usenet servers. Currently I
don't know which one I'm using nor do I care. I'm using T-Bird on a
laptop but if I find the servers to be slow, I'll use Google Groups. If
I happen to be using my iPad, I'll post through GG.

If we assume that mobile computing and hand-held devices are the future
of computing it doesn't take a genius to see that GG is the future of
Usenet. As it goes, Google Groups as implemented on the iPad has some
serious issues. Hopefully, it'll get fixed.

Old 20-06-2011, 02:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 19, 10:59*am, Christopher Helms
wrote:
On Jun 19, 9:52*am, John Kuthe wrote:

I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Nothing I like more than a post from somebody complaining about their
posts not showing up.

I can think of a bunch of stuff I like better than that. Steak,
cherries, hiking in the forest or in creek beds, listening to music,
not to mention sex. You have a weird favorite thing.

--Bryan
Old 20-06-2011, 03:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Jun 19, 9:52*am, John Kuthe wrote:

I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Nothing I like more than a post from somebody complaining about their
posts not showing up.

I can think of a bunch of stuff I like better than that. *Steak,
cherries, hiking in the forest or in creek beds, *listening to music,
not to mention sex. *You have a weird favorite thing.

--Bryan

Someone please beat Bryan with the irony shovel! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Old 20-06-2011, 05:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

If you can't afford to pay $2.50 a month for a news server like APN,
why not go with whatever it was that CC mentioned just the other day
for something like $13 a year?

My posts were disappearing last week and the week before. I blamed
Forte
Janet US

Janet US,

I've lost several posts on Usenet over the years.

It had to be a giganews server hic-up.

I DID double-check to make sure I hadn't plonk'd myself. LOL!!!

Best,

Andy

that would surprise no one.

blake
Old 21-06-2011, 07:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I think I will call GoogleGroups' helpdesk and demand my money
back! ;-)

If you can't afford to pay $2.50 a month for a news server like APN,
why not go with whatever it was that CC mentioned just the other day
for something like $13 a year?

My posts were disappearing last week and the week before. I blamed
Forte
Janet US

Janet US,

I've lost several posts on Usenet over the years.

It had to be a giganews server hic-up.

I DID double-check to make sure I hadn't plonk'd myself. LOL!!!

Best,

Andy

that would surprise no one.

blake

Your stupid problem is, no matter how hard you try... my posts will
continually kick you in your ugly face.

Andy

derisive snort

dream on, imbecile.

blake
Old 27-06-2011, 03:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Tom Del Rosso" wrote:

Why do people use google groups?

If you run in XP or earlier, you have the free Outlook Express. And with
any OS there are several free newsreaders you can use.

eternal-seprember.org is free.

So why in the world would anyone use google groups?

Fortunately, I'm not "anyone", so I don't. I look up old posts on rare
occasions.

:-)

Have you tried using a reader and actually prefer a web interface?

I also find it hard to believe that anyone who had a good experience
with something else would prefer the Google web interface for posting
and everyday reading.

I have read postings from people who travel a lot, use many computers
and have security restrictions (a firewall that blocks the ports used by
newsgroups). For myself, I have been gone for the last 2 1/2 weeks
visiting relatives. Although I had computer access for most of the
time, I choose not to set up a news client on someone else's computer.
So I have just not posted or read.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA