Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_9_] Joseph Coulter[_9_] is offline

Default Effect of blending on terroir

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 14:01:42 +0200, Mike Tommasi >
wrote:

>On 11/06/2011 02:46, aesthete8 wrote:
>> I would have thought that the more blended a wine is, the more terroir
>> is obscured.
>>
>> Or is the function of blending to highlight terroir?

>Aesthete, you definitely sound like a bot, you ask too many questions... :-)
>
>Terroir is not specific to a grape variety, you find it in Bordeaux
>blends and Burgundy single variety wines. As long as you reason in terms
>of grapes you will never see terroir. Whatever that is :-)

OH Mike, It has been too long since we have had an old fashioned
donnybrook here at a.f.w though your point seems well taken.

And then to the point, as long as the blending wine doesn't come via
boat from N. Africa . . . or train from Italy etc. the wine can and
stilll does express the fullness of its appelation.